Time Management Quiz
Time management quiz -
Here is a quick and useful time management quiz from Penn State University.
Please circle the answer that most closely describes your situation.
1. How often do you take work home?
(a) Every day (b) Three or more days per week (c) Twice a week (d) Once a week or less
2. How many people constantly interrupt you in the course of a day?
(a) Six or more (b) Four to five (c) Two to three (d) One or less
3. How much time do you spend each week in other activities outside your job (e.g., hobbies, exercising, social and cultural events, etc.)?
(a) Three hours or less (b) Four to five hours (c) Six to nine hours (d) Ten or more hours
4. How much time do you spend each day socializing on the job (e.g., extended coffee breaks, late luncheons, long visits with other supervisors, etc.)?
(a) Two hours or more (b) Sixty to ninety minutes (c) Fifteen to thirty minutes (d) Less than fifteen minutes
5. How many separate stacks of work are usually on your desk during the day?
(a) Three stacks or more (b) Two stacks (c) One stack (d) My desk is clear
6. How much of your work do you delegate?
(a) Very little (b) About twenty-five percent (c) Forty to fifty percent (d) More than fifty percent
You are half way through the time management quiz (that dind't take long did it :-)
7. How often do you approach and discuss things with people on a one-on-one basis in the course of a day?
(a) None (b) At least once (c) Twice (d) More than two
8. How much time do you spend with your people in training and develop-ing during the course of a week?
(a) None (b) Less than an hour (c) One to two hours (d) Three hours or more
9. How often do you procrastinateput off making decisions in the course of a day?
(a) Fairly often (b) Occasionally (c) Seldom (d) I dont
10. How many times do you handle a piece of paper in the course of the day before doing something with it?
(a) Four times or more (b) Three times (c) Twice (d) Only once
11. How often do you permit extensions of your own deadlines?
(a) Fairly often (b) Occasionally (c) Seldom (d) Only when theres a good reason
12. How do you approach detail work?
(a) Do it all myselfI love it (b) I do most of it (c) Delegate some of it (d) Delegate most of it
13. How often do you set, communicate, and review department and individual goals with your subordinates?
(a) Twice a year (b) Quarterly (c) Monthly (d) Weekly
14. How often do you prepare a to do list and set priorities?
(a) Monthly (b) Bi-weekly (c) Weekly (d) Daily
15. How much of your work do you do because you really want to do it?
(a) About five percent (b) Less than fifty percent (c) About seventy-five percent (d) Almost all of it
Time management Quiz Scoring
Scoring Instructions and Your Time Management Effectiveness Quotient
To scoer the time management quiz give yourself one point for each a answer, two points for each b answer, three points for each c answer, and four points for each d answer.
YOUR TIME MANAGEMENT QUIZ POINT TOTAL: ___________________
Evaluate Yourself According to the Following Scale:
Excellent: 55 - 60
Good: 45 - 54
Mediocre: 30 -44 -- Examine your time management to see how you can improve it.
Poor: 29 or below -- Watch out! You are running out of time.
Think about these questions as you evaluate your time management techniques.
Discuss with your co-workers.
1. What time management tips will help you eliminate your time wasters?
2. What is misleading about the following time management myths?
(a) He/she has more time than I have.
(b) There just isnt enough time in a day to get things done.
(c) Some day the pressures will be off.
3. How can the following strategies help you improve your time management skill and reduce stress in the work environment?
(a) Establish credibility: personal integrity instills trust between supervisors and subordinates.
(b) Be a good listener, give a short answer, and dont waste time on small talk.
(c) There is no such thing as overworktension is created by faulty work habits.
(d) Set your watch ahead by fifteen minutesget into the habit of allowing sufficient time to get to work, to have a leisurely breakfast, and to get to appointments and meetings on time.
More great Time Management Information Time Management Quotes
Lots more time management tools, tips and resources to help you save time
-- Time Management quotes that inspire. Famous people on time. Quotes about time that make you laugh. Even more Time Management Quotes
-- Needs a quote for your site, article or book. Look through our pages of time management quotes Time Management Articles
-- A comprehensive library of time management articles with information that really saves you time. Time Management Books
-- Reviews of time management books to save you time working out which books you should read.