|Back to Back Issues Page|
How to Keep Your New Years Resolutions
February 03, 2010
Hi there to all our loyal and our new members. 231 new members have joined in the last month. It's fantastic to have you on board. This edition of your Time Creation Newsletter helps you Keep Your New Year's Resolutions. Enjoy and have a laugh too :-)
In this Edition:
How to Keep Your New Year's Resolutions
- and make 2010 your Best Year Yet
What New Year's resolutions have you made for 2010?
I have heard many already. I'll exercise more. I'll spend more time with my partner. I'll spend more time with my kids. I'll get fitter. I'll write that book. I'll read that book.
Any of these sound familiar? How did you go with last year's new years resolutions? "Don't ask" most people have said to me. "But this year is going to be different!!"
When I am in a playfully challenging mood I ask "Oh! And what makes this year different." "I am committed," the reply is fired back at me. "Ahh", I sigh "so you weren't committed last year?" "Well …. Um ," awkward silence. "Well I realize now I wasn't." I ask again "so what makes this year different?" Someone else joins us and changes the topic. I can tell the person I was speaking to is relieved. Would you be relieved if you were having this conversation with me?
Most people do not achieve or stick to their New Year's resolutions. Why? There are several reasons, but one of the most important is TIME. If you are going to change something significant in your life you must allocate time to do it or achieve it.
This is called effective time management.
Almost all the people I speak to make New Year's resolutions like they are wishing on a falling star. They expect that they will be able to make changes just because one day in January they decided it was a good idea to get fit.
To have any chance of achieving your new year's resolutions you need to spend time on the resolution. If you don't have a time management system, how will you ever get around to making the time? You don't. So another year goes by and your New Year's resolutions fall by the way-side and you hope next year will be different.
Hang-on. WAIT a minute. If you live like this your life gets away from you - you MISS OUT on what YOU WANT.
If you have a New Year's resolution and a time management system then allocate time this week and next and the week after for your resolution. Now you have a chance.
And if you don't have a time management system, then your New Year's resolution should be to get one, starting TODAY. Find a system that suits you and implement it.
Check out some time management systems now ......... [[[[[[[
Links you should visit
1) How to always make the right decisions! by Dan Gilbert.
2) Time Management Central.net time management videos to inspire you to use your time wisely.
Laugh out Loud
Murphy's Lesser-Known Laws
1. Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
2. He who laughs last, thinks slowest.
3. Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.
4. Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
5. The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.
6. The things that come to those who wait will be the things left by those who got there first.
7. The shin bone is a device for finding furniture in a dark room.
8. A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.
9. When you go into court, you are putting yourself in the hands of 12 people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty.
More great Time Management Information
Lots more time management tools, tips and resources to help you save time
Time Management Videos -- Free video presentations on time management.
Time Management Forms -- Download and use our time management forms to get control of your time
Time Management Articles -- A comprehensive library of time management articles with information that really saves you time.
Time Management Planners -- A short review of leading time management planners.
Thanks for spending your valuable time with us.
Michael, Graham and the Time Creation Team
© 2008 Time Creation Coaching. All rights reserved. Please pass the above in its entirety to anyone you wish.
|Back to Back Issues Page|